Two of Mr. Irrelevant's "Top 10 Posts of the Summer of 2010" originated here. Nice.
1. Ovechkin’s Must-See Party Pics — Picked up by SI.com’s Hot Clicks.
2. DMV: O’s Fan Sets Record for Streaking — Also a Hot Clicker.
3. DMV: Video of Strasburg’s 14 Strikeouts — I long for this night.
4. DMV: Stephen Strasburg Getting Married — Posted in January.
5. LaRon Landry Is Still Working Out — Thank you, Matt Terl.
6. DMV: WUSA’s Sara Walsh ESPN-Bound? — From February.
7. The Redskins Store Actually Sells This — A personal favorite.
8. Tom Brady’s Hair: A Career Retrospective – From 2007.
9. All You Need to Know About Durantula – Wale!
10. Alex Ovechkin’s New Internet Girlfriend – From 2008.
A combination of several referrals from different web sites created a new record for this blog: over 15,000 unique visitors in one day. This is how big Ovechkin has become as a celebrity in North America. One small blog about one hockey player (who happen to be the best in the world). And his sport of hockey is not even on ESPN TV.
It took us 4 years to reach 1 million hits in February of this year. 6 months later we have over 1,600,000. Nice. :-)